Excerpts from “How the Mighty Fall”, where are you?
June 1, 2021
Leadership is the lifting of one’s vision to higher sights, the raising of one’s performance to a higher standard, the building of one’s personality beyond its normal limitations.
Five Stages of Decline:
1. Hubris Born of Success
2. Undisciplined Pursuit of More
3. Denial of Risk and Peril
4. Grasping for Salvation
5. Capitulation to Irreverence or Death
Cycle of Arrogant Neglect:
- You build a successful flywheel
- You succumb to the notion that new opportunities will sustain your success better than your primary flywheel, either because you face an impending threat or because you find other opportunities more exciting (or perhaps you are just bored)
- You divert your attention to new adventures and fail to improve your primary flywheel as if your life depended on it
- The new ventures fail outright, siphon off your best creative energy, or take longer to succeed than expected
- You turn your creative attention back to your primary flywheel only to find it wobbling and losing momentum
To read more on “How The Might Fall”…
Posted on June 1, 2021 by Donna Hover-Ojeda at 10:59 am | Catigorized under Leadership, Management. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.